Friday, April 24, 2009

Bad Morning

I live by routines and so do my kids. Every morning in our house is pretty much the same. They wake up, I change their diapers, we go downstairs, I fix Riley his breakfast, and then I make coffee. I have been drinking coffee for 6 months now. Before I had Ethan I wouldn't have ever dreamed I would turn into a coffee drinker. After a few sleepless nights with a newborn, I turned to coffee and now I'm addicted.

This morning I poured my water and then went to the cabinet for a coffee pot liner. (Tim later corrected me that they are called filters.) Well, we were out of coffee filters. This was not good! I live for my morning coffee. I always pour a cup of coffee and put 3 splendas and creamer into my Dunkin' Donuts Coffee and then go catch up on my blogs and email.

My coffee mug remained empty all morning. At one point, I thought about using paper towels as a filter but I didn't get that desperate. I was very sluggish all morning and I just wanted to just crawl back into bed. It didn't help that I was up with one of my kids for 2 hours this morning. Thank You, Jesus for good little nappers this afternoon!

Tonight I will be heading back to Kmart to get coffee filters. I can't go another morning without my coffee! Our local Kmart is doubling coupons this week, so I've been trying to get some deals.

I got all of this for $16 and saved $40!

You can go here to get some tips. It isn't as easy as it seems and our Kmart prices our higher than at other places. Saturday is the last day Kmart will be doubling the coupons.

Anyone have a coffee filter coupon?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha No, but I have some filters I can bring you! I'm not a coffee drinker at all but I understand the addiction! It's diet coke for me - which I used to think was the grossest thing ever. Weird what you get used to - and then crave!

Michele said...

Yuck to the coffee, but congratulations on the money saving! You are the coupon queen!

Anonymous said...

your a blogging machine, go coffee! nice signature too.