Have you "caught" the Christmas Spirit this season?
This year I had my first glimpse of the Christmas Spirit when we put our Christmas tree up. Some of my "glimpses" have been putting the ornaments on our tree, opening Christmas cards, driving in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and seeing all the lights, being in the nativity scene at church, seeing Riley get excited about our Christmas tree and listening to him say "Christmas tree."
I googled "Christmas Spirit" and there was actually site that told you how to get the Christmas Spirit on eHow.com. Here are a few that I liked:
Shop early. Nothing takes away the Christmas spirit like fighting for parking and struggling through crowds. (Maybe next year I can start EARLY!)
Wish people that you meet in stores and other casual environments a happy holiday. Say it with a smile. (Personally, I think Merry Christmas is better!)
Do something nice for someone. Offer to baby-sit so a friend can do her Christmas shopping or take cookies to your neighbors.
Play Christmas music. (Casting Crowns- Peace on Earth is my favorite)
Watch Christmas movies. (My favorite is Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase)
Decorate your house for the holidays.
Don't spend more money than you have. Anxiety over after-Christmas bills can ruin your holiday.
Here are some of my ideas:
Go to a Christmas program at church.
Go to Speedway in Lights. (We still need to do this)
Attend a Christmas Eve service.
Attend Christmas parties.
Start family traditions with your family.
So what is the Christmas Spirit? I think its about having a peace in your life that only comes during the Christmas season. Its about taking time to remember why we celebrate Christmas. Its the time when we celebrate the birth of our Savior. I believe the real Christmas spirit is the joy in knowing that the story is true!
“God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that
whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
What gets you in the Christmas Spirit?






No comments:
Post a Comment