Monday, February 23, 2009

Am I a "Non-Trad" Now?

When I was in college we called anyone that was "old" a Non-Trad. Basically, it was anyone over the age of 22 that was going back to college. You know who I'm talking about... they always sat in the front, wrote down every single word the teacher said, sometimes brought their kids to class, and asked really pointless questions that always kept everyone from leaving early.

Well, I'm back on ETSU's campus after graduating 6 years ago. I still can't believe its been that long. But I'm not coming back as a student. About a month ago I joined the gym at ETSU.



I've really been enjoying going to the gym. I've been learning how to use the weights and I'm trying to get back into shape to run local races again. Also, I'm working hard to loose my baby weight I gained with both my boys.
Being back on campus has reminded me of when I attended ETSU. Those were good times. I loved living with my friends in our apartment. I didn't realize then how easy I had it.

I have learned that at night the gym is the place to be. Tonight I went there around 5:00 and it was so crowded. I think I'll go back to going in the morning when the students are either in class or still sleeping.

Riley likes going to the child care. Today he wanted to wear his Wonder Pets cape to the gym. He's been running around the house all day saying, "Super Riley!"

4 comments:

Michele said...

Yes dear, you are a non-trad! I hate to be the one to confirm it for you. Now Tim, he's prob still in the trad age range! Is he 21 yet? Ha!

Becky said...

I go there too Rachael. We should meet sometime. Well I say I go there, I haven't been since uh maybe October. It is much better to go in the morning. Whoo hoo good for you!

Heather said...

Holy Cow, Rachel?? Did you go to Beech High School in H'Ville?? I'll go further if this is who I am thinking of!

Heather said...

Rachael!!! So good to hear from you! I thought it was you but wanted to make sure!! I am so glad that you found me, I will love keeping up with your blog! Looks like things are well for you and your boy's are so cute!! Can you believe we have been out of HS for over 10 years?? Crazy!