Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Weekend Getaway

Seven months ago, Tim and I were invited to a wedding in Asheville, NC. We decided it would be a great opportunity to make a vacation out of it. We haven't gone on a trip by ourselves since Riley was born and a weekend away was long overdue. Tim's parents kept the kids at our house. I was a little sad about leaving Riley and Ethan but I knew they were in good hands and I also knew Tim and I really needed a weekend to ourselves.

We drove to Asheville Friday night after we put Riley and Ethan to bed. On Saturday, we made a quick trip to the mall and then got ready for the wedding. One of Tim's friends that he used to work with was getting married.

Oh, did I mention they got married at the Biltmore Inn? It was a beautiful wedding!!

Jessica and her father



Mr. & Mrs. David Gebhardt

After the wedding, we came back to our hotel to relax. It was so nice being able to do whatever we wanted to do. Then, we walked around Downtown Asheville. Afterwards, we went to a movie and had dinner at TGI Fridays.

On Sunday, we slept in till 9:00. Its extremely rare that I ever get to sleep in and unfortunately my body is trained to wake up early. So, its hard to sleep in any longer than 9. Then, we went swimming at the hotel. Afterwards, we took a drive to Ridgecrest. Tim worked there one summer as a camp counselor. It is so beautiful there! We wanted to go hiking but it was raining but we were able to get out a little a the gorge.

The weekend went by so quickly. I really enjoyed getting away and just being with Tim! It was so nice to be able to get in the car and not have to deal with car seats. We also really enjoyed being able to go out to eat by ourselves and not feel rushed to eat!

We came home around 3:00. We were so glad to see our boys!! I missed them so much!! I know they had a great time with Mimi and Paw Paw. Riley wanted them to stay and keep sleeping at his house.

We are planning on taking a weekend trip alone at least once a year.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad you all got to have a little time away!

I'm kate. said...

Sounds like fun!! Glad you like my page! =)